- Exporting and Downloading Organization and Session Files
- Downloading Data using the Export Hub
- Release Notes v2.24
- Poster Sessions
- Talk Now for Poster Sessions
- How to use Keys to translate Meeting Names and Desktop Headers
- Creating Keys to Translate Meeting Names and Desktop Navigation
- Unpublishing an App from the Android App Store
- Removing an App from the Apple Store
Q: How do I edit my profile?
A: In the top right corner of the page, select Your Name > Edit my profile. Here, you can add a profile picture, your organization's name, add a short bio, set your profile preferences, and share other relevant information about yourself.
Q: How do I access the session that I'm speaking at?
A: You can view the session(s) you're assigned to by accessing "My Agenda" or viewing your profile.
Q: How do I launch my live virtual session?
A: Launch your live session by visiting the session page (Click on the specific session from "My Agenda" or from your profile) Click the "Join Meeting" or "Start Meeting" button. This button will automatically replace the countdown timer when you are given access to your session 20 minutes before the session start time
Best Practice: Enter the session’s "green room" up to 20 minutes before the start time. This will allow you to prepare for your webinar before you are live to attendees.
Q: Do I need to have Zoom installed to participate as the speaker/presenter of a virtual session?
A: Yes, you will need to download Zoom onto your machine if you do not already have it installed. You can use your existing free account or create a log in. You do not need to purchase a professional license, as this will be provided by Pathable for your session.
- Browser: We strongly recommend using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser
- Internet: Use a strong internet connection to avoid buffering or slow downs
- Clear Your Browser Cache: If you're experiencing technical difficulties, try clearing your browser cache first. Learn More Here
- Close Unused Browser Tabs or Windows
- Use headphones or a separate speaker for the best audio quality and experience
- Test your audio and screen-sharing prior to launching your session
- Lighting & Background: Find a well-lit space with a neutral background
- More Speaker Presentation Pro Tips Here
Q: How do I record my virtual session?
A: If you are hosting a "webinar" style virtual session, the event Administrator will need to set your recording permissions. (Event Administrators, See Here)
If you are hosting a "meeting" style virtual session, you (the speaker) will need to record the session manually by selecting the "Record" button at the bottom of the Zoom window and clicking "Record To Cloud."
- Webinar-Style Virtual Session - A webinar style session allows the speaker or panelist(s) to have full control of the session. Only the speaker/panelist(s) will be seen and heard while audience members can only watch, listen, or participate in the chat. Only the speaker/panelist(s) will have screen-sharing rights.
- Meeting-Style Virtual Session - A meeting style session has a host and multiple attendees who all have the capability to be seen, heard, and share their screens. A meeting-style session is more interactive than a webinar and can be used for group meetings and breakout sessions.
Q: How do I upload Files or Create Polls associated with my session?
A: Upload files, create/manage polls, and view attendees who have "checked-in" from your session's management page.
Learn More About Files Here
[Session Page - Manage]
[Mange & Upload Files] Click the Files Tab.
[Manage & Create Polls] Click the Polls Tab.
Event administrators - you can also create your own FAQs specific to your event. Download the screen shots used above here.
Q: How can I see the Pathable Chat and my zoom room at the same time?
A: This is easily done if you have two monitors. On one screen you can have your Zoom room, and keep the Pathable website on the other.
If you only have one monitor, you can emulate a dual screen by splitting your screen. To do this, shrink your Zoom room to about half of your monitor. Click back into your browser and shrink this to about half your screen. The end result will look like the image below. You can find more about splitting your screen here.
Q: How do I adjust the chat in Zoom?
A: This can be done by a host or co-host. Select the chat icon in the Zoom controls at the bottom of the screen. In the chat box, select the 3 dots and select your chat setting.
In a webinar, the chat controls dictate who that attendees can message with. All panelists, co-hosts, and hosts will still be able to chat amongst each other and send messages to attendees even when chat is completely disabled for attendees.
In meetings, the chat controls dictate who attendees can message with. All hosts and co-hosts will be able to message each other directly and send messages to the attendees even when chat is completely disabled for attendees.
You can find more about this here.
Webinar chat controls:
Meeting chat controls: