The Pathable native app can allow you to check people in to the entire event, individual sessions, or both.
To enable check-in:
- On the event Dashboard, navigate to Settings>Check-ins. If you don't see the Check-ins submenu item, contact your Pathable Client Happiness Manager.
- Select which options you'd like to enable:
- Support check-ins to this event -- a single time-stamp, indicating when the user arrived at the event
- Support check-ins to agenda sessions -- possibility to check attendees both in and out (check-out is optional), on a per-session basis
- Allow attendees to check themselves in -- will generate a QR code for the session, that the attendees scan while in the session.
Next, indicate who should be allowed to scan users in, either manually or via spreadsheet import:
- In People, select a user, then the Security tab
- Under Permissions, check the box for "Allow user to scan / check attendees in to the sessions and the event."
- Via spreadsheet:
- Create a spreadsheet with two columns: The value for anyone who should be allowed to check people in is TRUE. A blank, or the word FALSE, denies permission.
- Upload the spreadsheet to Data Import>People, mapping the email address to "Email" and the check_in_permission to "Allow Check-In Attendees."