- Exporting and Downloading Organization and Session Files
- Downloading Data using the Export Hub
- Release Notes v2.24
- Poster Sessions
- Talk Now for Poster Sessions
- How to use Keys to translate Meeting Names and Desktop Headers
- Creating Keys to Translate Meeting Names and Desktop Navigation
- Unpublishing an App from the Android App Store
- Removing an App from the Apple Store
Pathable uses dynamic tokens in templates and campaigns that will pull the correct information for each unique recipient. This feature is similar to mail merge in other platforms.
This article addresses tokens within the Campaigns system. If you are seeking information about how to pass information to an external survey using dynamic tokens, click this link: Adding Surveys.
Inserting a dynamic token
Tokens can be used in the subject line or body of an email, bulletin, or push notification. To insert a token, select the drop-down menu and choose the appropriate token from the list, based upon the desired content.
Available dynamic tokens
- community_name: the name of your event, as listed at Settings > Basics
- user_email: displays the email of recipient as regular text - no hyperlink
- user_first_name: the first name of the person receiving the message
- user_last_name: the last name of the person receiving the message
- user_company_name: the name of the company listed on a person's profile in the Company field
- admin_auth_url: an authorization link to the Host Tools Dashboard. Only used for people with admin privileges.
- app_auth_url: the raw authorization link to the attendee-facing platform. Best Practice: Use p-auth-link-button as the token to add the "magic link" to your emails, rather than this token, as p-auth-link-button is styled and optimized for email.
- organization_settings_app_auth_url: An authorization link to recipient's "Edit my organization" page, so they can start making changes to their booth.
- organization_name: the name of the organization to which the recipient's been attached as a staff member. Used on the Organization Staff Invitation template.
- Message-based tokens, used on the Private Message templates:
- message_author: The name of a person who sent the recipient a private message through the Pathable platform or commented on their public message
- message_body: the content of the private message or public reply
- message_url: the link to an ongoing conversation, so that the recipient can continue the conversation
- message_path: creates an internal url in plain text. Only works for message-related system campaigns
- Meeting-based tokens, used on the Public Meeting Reminder Notification and Private Meeting templates:
- meeting_name: the name of a specific meeting for which the recipient is enrolled.
- meeting_url: the url that links to a particular agenda item. Includes the authorization link for the person, and only works on system campaigns.
- meeting_starts_at: the start time for an upcoming meeting
- meeting_location: the location for an upcoming meeting
- meeting_requestor: the name of a person requesting a private meeting.
- meeting_member: the name of a specific invitee to a private meeting
- meeting_other_members: the name of other invitees to a private meeting
- meeting_member_status: the indicator of whether an invitee to a meeting has accepted or declined
- p-auth-link-button: creates a button labeled "Go to App," attached to the user's personal sign-in link. Used on the Attendee Invitation, Speaker Invitation, and Administrator Welcome templates.
- p-password-reset-link-button: the button takes the recipient to the platform registration page so users can reset their password
- p-private-meeting-request: creates a button labeled "Respond Now," attached to a private meeting request. Used on the Private Meeting Notification template.
- p-organization-settings-app-auth-button: creates an editable button labeled "Go To Organization Settings," attached to the recipient's Organization Details page. Used on the Organization Staff Invitation template.
- p-user-agenda: displays the contents of the recipient's "My Agenda" tab in a table. Used on the Know Before You Go template.
- p-digest-user-content: displays conversations in which the recipient is participating. Used on the Digest template.
- p-digest-community-content: displays conversations in which the recipient is not participating but are popular. Used on the Digest template.
- p-user-qr-code: Legacy content that has been deprecated --please do not use!
- p-link-button: creates a button with the label of your choice, attached to the hyperlink of your choice
- table-ceu-credits: displays a table of the CEU credits the recipient has earned. Used on the CEU Credit template.