Pathable allows you to configure sessions such that attendees can watch a pre-recorded video, and then, when they've finished, enter a live Q&A session with a speaker.
Agenda Set Up in the Dashboard
To set this up, create a meeting on the agenda and set it so that it is both a virtual (webinar or group meeting) and pre-recorded:
1. Dashboard > Agenda > Add Meeting
2. Enter the name and other details for the session, including the time you would like the meeting to appear on your agenda. The length of the meeting should reflect the total time for the session, including both watching the pre-recorded video and the live Q&A.
3. Press Save & Set Up Virtual
4. On the Virtual tab, choose "Webinar-style presentation" or "Group video meeting" depending on how you would like the speaker to take questions (webinar-style, where questions are submitted in chat or via Pathable's live polls, or meeting-style, where attendees can be seen and heard). Once done, you will be able to also select "Enable Pre-recorded videos"
5. Press Apply
6. Click the Add Video button and upload your Video
Please contact your Implementation Manager to discuss best practices for your event when utilizing this feature.
Information For Speakers
At the session time, the speaker navigates to their session page. Beginning 20 minutes prior to the scheduled session time, they will see a "Start Meeting Now" button below the pre-recorded video window. This, or the "Manage" button in the upper right, will allow them to enter the live meeting as a speaker and begin that portion.
We recommend that the speaker wait until enough time has passed for attendees to have watched the pre-recorded video before opening the live Q&A meeting room portion of the experience.
Information for Participating Attendees
At the time of the session, attendees can watch the pre-recorded video by clicking the "play" button on the video itself.
When the "live meeting" portion of the session begins, a green flashing light will appear next to the "Live Meeting" button below the pre-recorded video:
Clicking the "Live Video" button will switch the attendee over to the webinar or live meeting, where they can hear the live speaker take questions.
Warning: For a webinar attached to a pre-recorded session - if the speaker/Zoom host is in the webinar, but hasn't started broadcasting the session to attendees, the button will begin to blink (making attendees think it is live and available to join). At this point, if an attendee clicks the button prior to the speaker/host starting the broadcast, the attendee will be directed to a page stating the meeting has not started yet. The attendee will see this page until the broadcast has started.
If you chose a "webinar" style live meeting during setup, the speaker can take questions either via chat or the "polls" feature. If you chose a "meeting" style live meeting during setup, the speaker will be able to see and hear the attendees, so they can ask questions interactively.