- Exporting and Downloading Organization and Session Files
- Downloading Data using the Export Hub
- Release Notes v2.24
- Poster Sessions
- Talk Now for Poster Sessions
- How to use Keys to translate Meeting Names and Desktop Headers
- Creating Keys to Translate Meeting Names and Desktop Navigation
- Unpublishing an App from the Android App Store
- Removing an App from the Apple Store
In some cases, you may wish to limit attendees to signing up for only one of a particular type of session. For example, you might want to restrict them from pre-registering for more than one session at a time, or allow them to register for only one of a special type of workshop during your event.
This can be controlled using tracks or keywords. For example, if you had a track called "Special Workshops", you can restrict access to it from your administrative dashboard:
- Agenda > Attributes > Select Track
- Select the Manage Labels button
- Click the track name you wish to limit access to
- Check the box labeled "Only allow attendees to add one of this type of meeting to their My Agenda"
- Press Save
Now attendees will only be allowed to choose one session from the set you have marked with that Track.
You can perform the same trick with any "label like" property. For example, to limit attendees to one session at a particular time, you would click:
- Agenda > Attributes
- Select the Add New button
- Give your set of labels a name, such as "Restricted Time Slot" and choose "Labels" as the type; press Create
- Find your new attribute and select it from the list > Click Manage Labels
- For each time slot:
- Add Label
- Set the name to something like "Monday 8:00"
- Press Save
- Re-open the newly created label by clicking on it, then check the "Only allow attendees to add one of this type of meeting to their My Agenda" and Save
- For user simplicity, you'll want to re-open your "Restricted Time Slots" attribute and update the settings:
- Do not display on details page
- Do not display on cards in lists
- Do not allow users to filter results by this attribute
- Do not allow users to search for results using this attribute
Now you can apply those labels to sessions in a given time slot, and users will only be able to sign up for one per label / time slot.