- Exporting and Downloading Organization and Session Files
- Downloading Data using the Export Hub
- Release Notes v2.24
- Poster Sessions
- Talk Now for Poster Sessions
- How to use Keys to translate Meeting Names and Desktop Headers
- Creating Keys to Translate Meeting Names and Desktop Navigation
- Unpublishing an App from the Android App Store
- Removing an App from the Apple Store
Release Date: December 15, 2020
This major release introduces the Talk Now feature. Talk Now replaces the trade show group meeting feature, allowing attendees to instead make direct, 1:1 video calls to trade show organization exhibitors.
Like the previous Virtual Tradeshow "group meeting" style trade show, the event planner/administrator sets up specific time blocks on the agenda ("exhibit hours"), during which the virtual trade show will be held. If the event planner chooses a Talk Now-style trade show, when an attendee wishes to contact an exhibitor during the exhibit hours, they will be connected in a one-on-one video call with exhibit staff, rather than entering a group Zoom meeting together with other attendees.
When an attendee visits the trade show booth during trade show hours, they will see the option to "Talk Now." When they click the button, an embedded Zoom call is initiated and the attendee will be connected to the first available exhibitor/booth staff representative.
By default, all exhibit staff will be available for calls, but staff may opt out if they are not available or choose not to participate.
The system uses round-robin logic to make connections to exhibit staff. If an available exhibitor does not answer the call, the system will jump to the next available staff person. If no one is available to answer the attendee's call 90 seconds (time duration is configurable), the system will give them the option to instead Book A Meeting or Send a Message to the staff.
- Book A Meeting: The attendee will be directed to the private meeting UI where they will select an available time slot and the system will automatically assign a staff member from the booth. Attendees cannot change the person they are meeting with but they can change the meeting time. Once they finalize the meeting, they will be redirected back to the Organization page.
- Send a Message: The attendee can send a message directly to the organization staff requesting more information.
When an exhibitor accepts the call, the attendee is redirected to a Talk Now call page that opens in "theater mode" (aka full screen). While waiting for their call to be answered, attendees can minimize the calling window and browse the event site until the staff member answers the call, when the attendee will be connected and redirected to the Talk Now call page. After the call has ended, the attendee and the exhibitor are redirected back to the organization details page.
Please refer to the following KB articles to learn more about configuring and using Talk Now, from both the event administrator and organization perspectives.
Note: Creating Talk Now sessions introduces the new Organization Details Page and Desktop Header. It will also remove existing Tradeshow meetings. Please reach out to your Implementation Specialist before proceeding.
Organization Details Page
As part of Talk Now we are releasing a new Organization Details Page that consolidates individual widgets in one tabbed widget containing discussions, staff, and files, similar to the display on the existing meeting details pages.
Another significant UI change is the new desktop header that hosts Talk Now controls as well as holding users' account-related links.
Pathable is also releasing assorted bug fixes and performance improvements.