To add a social wall to your site:
- Visit walls.io and create an account
- Create your social wall. To complete this step, you will need to choose a hashtag for the wall to collect, and at least one social media account for walls.io to access.
- Once you have created your wall and chosen settings, go to the Embed and Display tab.
- Back on your Pathable site make sure you are allowing external content, so that walls.io is not blocked- visit Settings-Security, and check that the Allow external libraries to be used in the app box is checked.
- Add the Custom HTML widget to your page.
- Paste the code from step 4 into the Markup box, then save your changes.
- If your social wall is not centered on the page, go into the Desktop Styles in the Custom HTML Widget, and set the Content Max-Width to auto.
- Be sure to choose the right hashtag - a broad hashtag, like #events, is going to pull in a lot of posts, including ones that may not be related to your event. A more specific hashtag, like #visionsummit can help filter out noise.
- Take a look at your social wall frequently. You can moderate posts directly through Walls.io, removing anything that might not be relevant or appropriate.
- Images make the wall look great! You can set the wall to only display image posts in your walls.io setup, if you choose.
- Encourage your attendees to post! Add instructions on the page about which hashtag to use (place a widget above the HTML widget to do so) so that attendees will understand how to get their post featured.