Pathable's gamification feature can help you create engagement around your event and your trade show. As the event administrator, you can assign points to attendees for performing activities such as visiting an exhibitor's booth or watching a presentation. Pathable will display a scoreboard for all your attendees so they can track their progress.
The branding and messaging around the game is customizable, so you can choose what they earn points for, how many points they earn, and as well as what to award the winners.
Gamification is an add-on feature -- if you'd like to add it to your event, let us know.
Configuring Your Game
To set up the rules of your game, click the Gamification item in your administrative dashboard left-hand menu.
From here, you can configure:
- Game Players: Allows you to specify who can receive points and appear on your leaderboard. For example, you may want to exclude your staff or speakers from competing with your attendees. To select the players, click the Select Players button in the upper-right corner, and set the filter(s).
- Play Period: The date range during which points will be awarded.
- Instructions: The text that appears on your game page, describing the game to your attendees.
- Rules: Activities and the points they earn, if performed.
The specific activities that attendees can earn points for are baked into the system. You can choose which ones to use or not to use, but you can not create new activities. The available activities are:
- Add a profile photo
- Participate in poll
- Post message in a discussion
- Send a private message
- Post a photo in a public discussion forum
- Request a private, 1:1 meeting
- Accept a private 1:1 meeting request
- Add a session to your personal agenda
- Download a file from a exhibitor/sponsor's trade show booth
- Watch a video on a exhibitor/sponsor's trade show booth (NOTE: in order to be counted, the video must be uploaded to the organization's Video section, NOT included as a link in the Links section.)
- Contact exhibitor/sponsor (NOTE: to be counted, an attendee must select the Leave Your Card button on the organization page, NOT by messaging a exhibitor/sponsor staff member)
- Watch a live webinar or play a pre-recorded video associated with a session*
- Join a live group video meeting
Activities can be set to award points Only Once or Every Time. When a rule is set to apply only once, an attendee will only be awarded points the first time they perform that activity. When a rule is set to every time, they will receive points for each time they perform the activity.
- Send a private message is set to only trigger once. The attendee will receive points for their first private message, but no subsequent messages.
- Send private message is set to trigger every time. The attendee receives points for every private message sent, even replies to existing messages.
Note: For Organizations and Meetings, points will only be awarded once for an individual organization or activity, event when set to every time. Example: Download Organization Files is set to every time. The attendee will receive points for every file they download, but not multiple times for an individual file.
For each activity, you can choose how to reference it in the attendee experience (e.g., you might choose to say "Attend a session" instead of "Watch a live webinar", but the underlying activity remains the same). You can also choose how many points to assign for each activity and whether attendees can get points each time they perform the activity or only the first time they perform that activity.
* This activity relies on check in data to award points, be sure to check if we support check ins for your streaming service.
Playing the Game
Attendees will automatically be awarded points based on the rules that you set. They can see their points displayed on a special "Game" page that you can customize within your site, like the below.
The page contains four elements, each represented as a widget, so you can control the layout.
- Header and Description: Set through your dashboard, this is where you will describe the game and its purpose to your attendees
- Activities: A list of the various activities that can earn points for attendees. This is automatically generated from your choices made during setup. Activities that have been completed are marked in gray.
- Leaderboard: A list of the top scoring attendees and their scores.
- Score History: Each attendee can view their personal history of activities and what they received points for.
You can customize the layout of this page, including adding sponsors or other information, through your management dashboard. The page can be found under Content > Pages > System > Game.
Note, too, that you can you can assign points manually to attendees for activities that are not automatically tracked by visiting the Game Activities tab on that user through the People page in your administrative dashboard. For example, you could assign points for "Best Wig in a Video Meeting".