- Exporting and Downloading Organization and Session Files
- Downloading Data using the Export Hub
- Release Notes v2.24
- Poster Sessions
- Talk Now for Poster Sessions
- How to use Keys to translate Meeting Names and Desktop Headers
- Creating Keys to Translate Meeting Names and Desktop Navigation
- Unpublishing an App from the Android App Store
- Removing an App from the Apple Store
Google Chrome (desktop):
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
Specialized information for Android and iOS is available here: Clear Cache and Cookies in Chrome
Safari on Mac:
- With Safari open, select the first item in the main menu, named Safari, and from the drop-down, select Preferences...
- A popup opens. Select the Advanced tab
- Check the option Show Develop menu in menu bar at the bottom. Now you should see a new menu item in the main menu named Develop.
- Select Develop, then select Empty Caches from the submenu items.
- Reload the site.
This task can also be completed via the hotkey combination [CMD] + [ALT] + [E].
Microsoft Edge (desktop):
- Open Edge and click the Menu in the upper right corner.
- Click Settings
- On the Settings page, click Privacy, search, and services
- Under the Clear Browsing Data section, select Choose what to clear
- Under Time range, select All Time
- Make sure Cookies and other site data is selected, then click Clear now
This task can also be completed via the hotkey combination [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [Delete].
- Open Firefox.
- Click the menu button and select Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security Panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section click Clear Data.
- Next to "Cookies and Site Data" and "Cached Web Content," check the boxes.
- Click Clear.