Pathable can read Excel and CSV spreadsheets and create sessions automatically. From your Dashboard:
- Select Data Import
- Download the "Agenda Template" from the top of the page and prepare your data (see below for notes)
- Click Start New Import Excel / CSV Spreadsheet
In the Import data type menu, choose Agenda.
Select your file
Click Map Columns
Match the fields from your spreadsheet to the fields in the app. Check the "overwrite" checkbox on any fields where you would like the imported data to overwrite existing data. (see below)
Click Start Import.
- The External ID field is used as a key value, to help you update sessions later without needing to include all of the details about a session. Each session (row) should have a UNIQUE value.
- You are not required to use Pathable's template. Our system can parse a spreadsheet, determine the columns of data available and give you the option of matching them up to Pathable's fields. Our template is a convenience because it has all the "correct" fields.
- You may import the same spreadsheet repeatedly and Pathable will use either the "external id" field to match records. By default, it will ignore records for meetings that you have previously imported, but you may use the Overwrite checkbox on the Map Columns to tell Pathable to update existing records with the information you are importing.
- The "Overwrite" function does not overwrite existing data for Label attributes - it adds the new data, in addition to the existing data.
- Best practice when updating session times via import is to use 'Start Time' and 'Duration' instead of 'End Time'.