Pathable can import your attendees directly from your iMIS database. However, this requires a few steps of setup in your iMIS management dashboard first. We can also use iMIS as a single sign-on provider for your attendees. If you'd like to use iMIS for SSO purposes, please refer to this article: Single Sign-On (SSO) Identity Providers.
Step 1: Create Credentials
In iMIS, create an account and provide it with permission to use the iMIS REST API. You will use this username and password later when you configure the integration in Pathable.
Step 2: Configure iMIS IQA
In iMIS, you'll need to configure an IQA. Your iMIS administrator will need to take care of this step, or you can provide Pathable staff with access to your account and we can take care of it for you.
Some guidance we can provide in creating the IQA:
- The query will join three tables:
CsOrderis related to
CsOrderLines.Product Codeis used for filtering the
CsContact.Last Updatedis used as a cursor for our integration.
- The query must have
DISTINCTat the beginning to not return duplicate results
- Requesting the REST API for this query must accept two parameters. For example,
LAST_UPDATE(date MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss). An example of requesting this query would be
- Using these parameters must add a WHERE clause to the query which uses CONTAINS for the
CsOrderLines.Product Codeand uses GREATER THAN for the
- You must create this filter in your IQA in the exact same order. First filter for
CsOrderLines.Product Codeand the second for
- The IQA query created must be available at the `$/Pathable/People`.
- You must return
CsContact.Status. You are free to return any other fields from
CsContact. We do not recommend returning any other field than the fields presented in
CsContact. Some common fields are
If this process seems daunting, please provide your Client Happiness Manager with a username, password, and the URL to your iMIS staff dashboard, and we can complete this step for you.
Step 3: Configuring the integration in Pathable
Once you have configured your IQA in your iMIS database, you are ready to add it to the Pathable interface. From your Pathable management dashboard:
- Data Imports > Create New Feed
- Name your feed and under "Type", choose "People"
- Enter your iMIS username and password
- Enter your iMIS staff dashboard URL
- Click Connect and continue through to the column mapping stage