The Zoom toolbar will appear once you have launched the Zoom application. It consists of the following controls:
- Mute: allows you to silence yourself. Use this if someone else is talking and the system's natural echo cancellation is not working. The up-arrow next to "Mute" can be used to select your audio input (e.g., switch from your computer's microphone to a headset).
- Start Video: This allows you to turn on your webcam. The up-arrow next to "Start Video" will also give you access to the "virtual background" feature.
- Participants: Allows you to see the names of the people watching. You can also use this to allow individual participants to be heard.
- Share Screen: Allows you to share what is displayed on your monitor with viewers. If you have dual monitors, you can select which monitor to display and which to reserve for your reference and notes.
- With Share Screen, you can share a video, a PowerPoint presentation, or you can use Zoom's Whiteboard as well.