Zoom has specific system requirements that are slightly different depending on the presence or absence of a green screen. You can see those requirements here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043484511-System-requirements-for-Virtual-Background
How to turn a virtual background on:
Zoom Desktop Client
- In a Zoom meeting click the ^ arrow next to Start/Stop Video.
- Click Choose a virtual background...
If prompted, click Download to download the package for virtual background without a green screen.
- Tap the settings gear icon on your Zoom Room controller.
- Tap Virtual Background, then tap the background you would like, then tap Done.
- Bright, but consistent lighting is important to a good virtual background.
- Although Zoom technically allows a virtual background without a green screen, we strongly recommend one if possible. Green screens are an inexpensive and portable purchase.
- Consider a nod to your personality -- choose the city you live in, a favorite vacation spot, or a hobby that you enjoy sharing with others.
- If you choose a video background:
- Choose something subtle, to avoid having your background overshadow your presentation
- Be cautious of using a very short video clip, because the "looping" aspect will also be visually distracting to viewers.