- Exporting and Downloading Organization and Session Files
- Downloading Data using the Export Hub
- Release Notes v2.24
- Poster Sessions
- Talk Now for Poster Sessions
- How to use Keys to translate Meeting Names and Desktop Headers
- Creating Keys to Translate Meeting Names and Desktop Navigation
- Unpublishing an App from the Android App Store
- Removing an App from the Apple Store
Upload an Image Manually Follow
There are a number of locations in the Pathable platform where you can upload an image/graphics file.
To upload a graphic manually:
1. Select the Upload button
2. Select the method for importing the image from the left. Uploading a file from your computer is the default:
My Device: Select the blue "plus" in the center of the box to select the graphics file from your computer, or drag and drop the file into the box that is surrounded by the dashed line.
Link (URL): Insert the URL for the graphic in the field provided. Note that the URL must be publicly available, meaning that access to the URL doesn't require a login, so links to platforms like Office365 will not work.
Dropbox, Facebook, and Instagram: Click the provider and follow the instructions to connect your account to the provider. You'll be take to the providers' login page and be asked to confirm the connection. Once completed, you can collect images from your account.
3. After selecting the image using one of the above methods, you may also do some simple editing before upload. Crop, Circle, and Rotate are the available editing features. We recommend completing any editing that's more extensive that that in a different program, before selecting the image: