WARNING: Once added to the agenda, Talk Now only works on laptops and computers. It does not work on mobile devices including cellphones, or tablets (Android or iPads).
With the Talk Now feature, attendees can instantly start a live one-on-one video call with booth staff or designated individuals. Talk Now sessions are universally set across all exhibitors and sponsors, much like "trade show hours." Organizations may not set their own unique Talk Now hours.
Adding a Talk Now-enabled session:
- Host Tools Dashboard>Agenda>Add Meeting
- Complete the fields for a new session on the Agenda and Save.
- On the Virtual tab, select the Talk Now-style trade show period (attendees can call exhibitors into one-on-one meetings during trade show hours) checkbox, and review the after-hours option, enabling it if you'd like:
Enable after-hours will set a time period for all exhibitors, during which they will show as available for private meetings. The purpose of the after-hours session is to allow callers who weren't able to get through to someone during the Talk Now session to book an appointment for a later time.
Other Settings for Talk Now Sessions:
In Settings>Organizations, you may define:
- Whether you'd like to give Talk Now to all organizations, or manually choose who gets Talk Now. To make the selections manually, click the checkbox for Manually set which Organizations get Live Trade Show Rooms, then go back to the Organizations menu, select the Organization for whom you'd like to allow Talk Now, scroll to the bottom of the page, click the checkbox for Automatically create a live trade show meeting for the exclusive use of this organization, and Save.
- The maximum waiting period for callers: how long a caller will be allowed to wait before being offered the chance to make an after-hours appointment or leave a written message. The default setting is 270 seconds.
- Staff response time: how long a caller will ring one staff member before trying the next staff member in the rotation. The default setting is 90 seconds.
- Ringtone: although a number of default ringtones are available, you may upload an .mp3 that will serve as the ringtone callers and staff will hear.
Viewing the Call Log
Event administrators can view the Call Log under each Organization's details in the Organization section of the Dashboard. Organization staff members can view the Call Log by selecting the Manage button on their organization page, then selecting the Talk Now tab. Logs indicate who called, if the call was connected and to whom, and how long the call was (by selecting the details link).