Entering a Zoom Session as a Presenter
- Pathable provides Zoom meeting or webinar information 20 minutes before the session time. At this time, presenters can enter to prepare for the start of the session. This includes Zoom Hosts, Speakers, and Moderators.
- Note: Pathable is not able to provide this information further out than 20 minutes before the session time.
If users receive a "not authorized" error while trying to start a session:
If your speakers/ admins receive the message, "You are not authorized to start the meeting using the credentials you signed in with." (see screenshot below):
This means someone with administrative privileges on your Zoom account must whitelist Pathable's domain by completing the following steps:
- Log into your organization's Zoom account and select My Account in the upper-right corner
- On the left, in the Admin panel, select the Account Management dropdown, then select Account Profile
- Scroll down to Associated Domains and Select the + Add Domains button
- Type pathable.zoom.us and select Add Domains to confirm.
- Private Meetings in Pathable are a maximum of 40 minutes long, if they have 3 or more attendees. This is because private meetings are hosted at the "basic" Zoom level.
- If a private meeting in Pathable only has 2 attendees, there is no maximum time length for that meeting.
- Private meetings do not automatically end on their end time. For example, if a private meeting is set to be 15 minutes long, it will not automatically end at 15 minutes. This is because private meetings are hosted at the "basic" Zoom level, which are maxed at 40 minutes for 3 or more attendees.
- Private meetings in Pathable cannot be recorded.
- If private meetings are set up to open in the Zoom application, attendees will need to download the Zoom app but do not need to be logged into a Zoom account to participate.
- If private meetings are set to embed on the Pathable platform, attendees will not need the Zoom app, or a Zoom account to participate.
Zoom Polls and Q&A
- In Pathable's Zoom, Polls and Q&A are turned off. This is because Pathable has poll functionality for every session on the platform. Please visit this knowledgebase article for more information.
Closed Captioning in Zoom
- Pathable supports Closed Captioning in Zoom, either automatically or manually. Please visit this knowledgebase article for more information.
Language Interpretation in Zoom
- Pathable's Zoom supports language interpretation. Your Client Happiness Manager will have to enable this for you for sessions. Please visit this knowledgebase article for more information.
Zoom Breakout Rooms
- Breakout Rooms are supported in Pathable! 50 is the maximum number of breakout rooms that can be created for a Zoom meeting.
- You cannot pre-assign breakout rooms in Pathable. This can only be done once the meeting has started.
- The Zoom Host and Co-Host for the meeting can manage breakout rooms. They can choose which attendees go to what breakout room or let Zoom randomly choose for them. They can also choose to allow attendees to select their own breakout rooms as well. Please visit this knowledgebase article for more information.
- Please ensure that you and your attendees have the latest version of Zoom to have the best experience with breakout rooms.
- When a Zoom session is embedded into Pathable, attendees will not be able to use Zoom Chat. They will be able to use Pathable Chat in this case.
- When a Zoom Session is not embedded into Pathable, attendees will be able to view and use Zoom Chat.
- Zoom Hosts have the option to disable Zoom Chat for attendees. Please visit this knowledgebase article for more information.
- Pathable does not save any Zoom Chats on sessions.
Zoom Share Screen
- You may share your screen in Pathable's version of Zoom! This is great for speakers who need to share a PowerPoint during their presentation, or a video. Zoom also has the option to share a Whiteboard during your webinar or meeting.
Embedded Zoom Webinar in Pathable
- In an embedded Zoom Webinar on Pathable, you can spotlight presenters if you wish. Only up to 4 can be on the embedded screen at the same time. If you have more than 4 spotlighted presenters, you can scroll through the screen to see the others.
- Note: As soon as you share a screen in this scenario, that takes over and attendees can only see what is being shared.
- You can spotlight up to 9 presenters at a time in total.
- At this time, live, embedded webinars hosted via Zoom platform do not support the speaker's video headshot being visible while they present a slide deck. This is a function of the Zoom API, NOT a Pathable decision, so Pathable cannot change this in Settings or otherwise. Please visit this knowledgebase article for more information.