Attributes allow you to add values to agenda items, people profiles, and organization profiles. They can be used in a variety of ways on the Pathable app, including setting permissions and creating filtered views. Once you create an attribute, you will see an Edit page, where you can further edit that attribute to the settings that you'd like.
- Label in Edit/View - the name of the attribute that will be seen when this attribute is being edited by an attendee or organization on the live site
- Label in Search - you can change the name of the attribute as it will appear in the search panel on the live site
- Help Text - you can add text to help explain what the attribute is to others.
- Do not display on details page - select if you don't want the attribute to display on the live site
- Do not display on cards in lists - select if you don't want the attribute to show on an agenda, people or organization card
- Display the value without a label on the details page - select if you want the attribute to display without a title on the live site, select this checkbox
- Display only to signed-in users - select if you only want the attribute to be seen by users who are signed into your site
- Show label background color - select if the attribute you created is a label, and you want the label to have a background color on the live site
- Note: the checkboxes will vary based on the attribute type
- Allow new responses - select to let attendees add their own response to the attribute
- Allow multiple responses - select to let attendees choose several responses to the attribute instead of only one
- Suggested Responses - where you can add the responses that attendees will have to choose from for the attribute
- Use this attribute for color coding - the color of the first selected label will frame the tile of the organization when enabled
- Use this attribute for enhanced grouping and sorting - allows use of the tiered layout style for organizations. See this article for information about tiered organizations: Create a Tiered Organizations Page for Sponsors or Exhibitors
- For the tiles to display correctly, the labels need to be in the correct order.
- Use this attribute as ribbon - select if you'd like for the attribute to display as a ribbon
- Allow users to edit - select if you want attendees to be able to edit the attribute
- If you don't select, only event administrators will be able to edit the attribute on the dashboard
- Group - this feature has been deprecated.
- Allow users to filter results by this attribute - select if you'd like for attendees to refine results by the attribute
- Allow users to search for results using this attribute - select if you'd like for the attribute to be searched on the live site
- When displayed in a list for filtering, sort these results alphabetically; otherwise sort by popularity - select if you want filter findings to sort in alphabetical order
Security and Sync
- Make these values available as permissions - select if you would like the attribute to be available in custom permissions
- If selected, the attribute can't be edited by attendees
- Synchronize this field to other events in your account - select if you would like for the attribute information to be stored in your event container. If you were to create another event in the container, Pathable would grab the existing information from the attribute and add it to your new event