Table of Contents:
The Walls.io widget allows you to configure and place a Walls.io social wall almost anywhere in a Pathable event. We think it's best as the centerpiece of its own page, of course!
- Navigate to https://walls.io/ and establish an account. Walls.io offers a free tier that integrates only one source (for example, just Twitter), but also offers event pass pricing (multiple sources for 30 days) or subscription pricing levels with more customized and robust options.
- Follow the prompts at Walls.io to add your channels and set your desired configuration.
- Copy the URL of your Walls.io page -- you'll need it in a moment!
From the Pathable Host Tools Dashboard:
- Create a new page or navigate to the page where you'd like to place the widget.
- On that page, select New Widget button in the upper right corner.
- Scroll to the Social section and select Walls.io:
- In the widget, paste your Walls.io URL, select your Design Theme and any Advanced Settings you would like, then Save:
Bricks is a social wall theme that looks stunning on all displays. Big, high-quality images get more space on the social wall. Lower-res images are shown smaller. Posts with lots of text have a big font, which makes them easier to read, even from further away. It’s ideal for events, shops, restaurants, offices, or even stadiums. But it also looks great on websites, of course.
The Fluid theme is Walls.io’s default theme. Built on a fluid grid style, it allows the tiles to expand according to the content of the post.
This theme is called Kiosk because we believe it looks best on kiosk-style displays at trade shows, showrooms etc. The Kiosk theme displays one post at a time and uses 3D transformations.
Many customers are using the Walls.io Map theme to showcase their global hashtag campaigns. The theme shows social media posts popping up on a map of the world, emphasizing that campaign contributions are coming from all over the world. Learn more about enabling the map theme and Geo-location.
With the Billboard theme active, posts on your wall appear one by one and full-screen, which opens up a world of unique use cases. This is especially interesting for those who want to display their social wall at an event on a computer or TV screen.
Advanced Settings and what they do:
- Disable Scroll: removes the scrollbar next to the widget -- only use if all of your content will fit within the allotted space for the widget. . .
- Auto Scroll: allows the page to slowly scroll upward when it's not being touched; user interaction will pause auto scroll.
- Hide Background: removes the shading behind the widget, so that the background of the wall is the same as the background of your Pathable page
- Show Header: Adds the Walls.io header to the top of the page, which displays the name and public address of the wall, and hashtags/ addresses for the users, so they can add to the wall easily
- Auto Play Videos: allow video content in the wall to auto-play
Note: When an advanced setting is enabled/disabled, you must also select Save for the change to take effect, and it takes a few seconds to change.