Looking to set up a dress rehearsal or test run prior to your live event? This article details how to set up those sessions in your Admin Dashboard, without the use of custom permissions.
Video Tutorial Coming Soon!
Create the Dress Rehearsal Attribute
- Dashboard > Agenda > Attributes
- Select the Add New button
- For label name, enter Dress Rehearsal
- For Attribute type, select Label
- Press the Create button
- On the Edit Attribute page, Under Appearance:
- Check the following boxes: Do not display on details page, Do not display on cards in lists, Display the value without a label on the details page
- On the Edit Attribute page, Under Behavior:
- Uncheck all boxes in this section
- In Responses, enter the Word YES, then select the Add Option link
- On the Edit Attribute page, Under Search and Security & Sync, uncheck all boxes in both sections
- Press the Save button at the bottom right of the page
Edit the Agenda Widget
In the next steps, you will alter how the full agenda page looks, to exclude your dress rehearsal sessions. Note: You must have access to System Pages under Dashboard > Content. Please contact your Client Happiness Manager if you do not have access.
- Dashboard > Content > Pages > System > select the Agenda page
- Select the Agenda Widget on this page
- Under the Content tab, select the orange dropdown menu and create a new filter.
- Please rename the filter from Unnamed to Public Meetings Only.
- You will set up two filters on this page. Filter One is:
- Pick a question: Relationship
- Pick a comparator: Is
- Pick a Value: Parents
- Select the Plus button to create Filter Two:
- Pick a question: Dress Rehearsal
- Pick a comparator: Not Equals
- Pick a Value: YES
- Do not select the "Combine rules using OR" checkbox. Press the Save & Apply Filter button.
Assign the Dress Rehearsal Attribute to Agenda Sessions
- Go to Dashboard > Agenda
- Create your session that will be a Dress Rehearsal. On the Edit page for the agenda item, scroll until you see the Dress Rehearsal attribute.
- Answer the Dress Rehearsal Attribute with YES. Press the Apply button.
- Under the Members tab, add all participants needed and event administrators to the session. This will make the dress rehearsal show under their "My Agenda" only.
- They can then find it under "My Agenda"
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not select the "This is a dress rehearsal; it will only appear on the calendar of event speakers" checkbox under Advanced for any dress rehearsal sessions after completing these steps.