The Poster Session feature on the Pathable platform allows admins and speakers to share and present files as posters or abstracts virtually- similar to how in-person presenters would share large posters that are displayed on easels at in-person events.
The Pathable platform can be utilized in multiple ways to execute poster display and presentation. Poster sessions can be filtered so that users can more easily find the kind of poster that they’re looking for. Posters can have an associated meeting time or no meeting time at all. Lastly, posters can have a pre-recorded video presentation associated for asynchronous consumption.
Creating a Poster Session
Navigate to the Poster Session section of the Agenda tab in your admin dashboard. Here you can add a new poster session using the Add Session button or edit existing sessions.
Enter the information for your Poster Session. If your Poster Session should not have an associate time, you can select the Do not set a time or date box. To create the poster, select the "Create" button. The add virtual components (ie Zoom meetings or pre-recorded videos), select the "Save and Set Up Virtual" button.
Adding a File
To add your poster file to a session, navigate to the "Files" tab of the meeting. This is where you can add posters or abstracts to display on the Poster Session page by using the "Add File" button.
We recommend PDF files with a 16:9 aspect ratio (e.g. 2560 x 1440).
Because our poster viewer has built in zoom controls, the absolute size isn't necessarily important, but a minimum of 2560x1440 will yield clear results.
Creating an Embargo
Poster Sessions can be set to hide until a certain time by using an "Embargo" rule. To set an embargo and release time, navigate to the "Advanced" tab of a Poster Session. Check the "Make the session available only after a certain date" box and set the date/time a poster session should be made available for attendees to view.
- To import individual posters as child meetings under a parent Poster Session meeting, first create the "poster session" meeting on the agenda with a specific "external id". Then you can import the actual posters as their own meetings, referencing the poster session's external ID as the "parent ID".
- Speakers assigned to the session will be able to upload handouts and PDF's directly
- The description and session details are controlled by the host, and only the host can set them
- When an agenda item is set up to be a poster session, there will not be a countdown clock on the session page.
- A page setting is available to change how poster sessions can be displayed. Poster content defaults to display below pre-recorded videos. This setting can be inverted through Settings > Agenda > Poster On Top.
Once set up, this is what a poster session looks like: