- Exporting and Downloading Organization and Session Files
- Downloading Data using the Export Hub
- Release Notes v2.24
- Poster Sessions
- Talk Now for Poster Sessions
- How to use Keys to translate Meeting Names and Desktop Headers
- Creating Keys to Translate Meeting Names and Desktop Navigation
- Unpublishing an App from the Android App Store
- Removing an App from the Apple Store
Virus Scanning Follow
All manual imports of files, videos, images, widget uploads, and Rich Text editors that are available to users in the app will pass through a virus-scanning check.
If the system identifies a virus or malware it will block the import and report it to the event host admins with details about the file in an email alert. For example:
Depending on where the file is uploaded, the virus scanning check may block the completion of a form while the system checks the file. Generally, places where larger files are expected to be uploaded (Videos and attachments) will not force user to wait for scan to be complete before saving the form.
For example: for a large file like apre-recorded video, the system will let you import the file without blocking form completion. The system will show the label "Scanning..." in the list of files, and the file will not be available to the final user in the app until the scan completes without identifying a virus. Alternatively, when uploading a small file like images in the Image widget, the widget config form will not be able to be saved until the scan is complete.
- If a virus is identified: the system will remove the file and notify the event admins.
- If no virus is identified: the system will finish the upload and will make the file available for users to download it.