User profile duplication can occasionally occur; to solve for this a Duplication Report can be run. This report detects potential duplicates as users with the same first name and last name. To run the duplication report navigate to: Admin Dashboard > People > Duplicate Report. The report automatically runs when the page is loaded, but users can manually run the report by clicking Scan For Duplicates at the top of the page. When the report displays potential duplicate accounts you can choose to merge the profiles or ignore them if you know the profiles are unique attendees.
If you do not see Duplication Report under the people tab in your admin dashboard, please contact your Implementation Specialist.
Select the primary profile that you would like to keep in the system by clicking Keep this account. Then click Remove Duplicates to merge the account information from duplicate accounts into the account with Keep this account selected.
Details about merging:
- The basic profile data from the selected account (Keep this account) will be retained.
- The system will consolidate all the relational data from the merged profiles. Some examples include: session membership, attendance data, CEU credits, exhibitor metrics, gamification points, polls answers, private meetings, organization membership, leads, and Talk Now data.
- The merged profiles will not be re-imported via data feeds.
- This is not undoable, be sure to select the correct primary profile.
- Once the merge is complete, the system will send an invitation email to the remaining account.
There are two methods for ignoring duplicates.
- To ignore the entire section click the Ignore button.
- This is recommended when two unique attendee profiles coincidentally share the same first and last name. In this scenario, there is no duplication.
- Ignore a single profile from the analysis.
- In rare cases, it is possible to have both duplicate profiles and a unique profile all sharing the same first and last name. When this occurs, identify the row containing the unique profile then click the X button on the right. This will eliminate the profile from the list of possible duplicates. Then merge the accounts by selecting the primary profile (Keep this account) and then merge the remaining accounts by selecting Remove Duplicates.
Below is an example of a duplicate profile that also contains a unique profile:
A log of all ignored and merged profiles is viewable by clicking Show History.
Profile Duplication Report is still in development and is part of the 2.21 release.