- Exporting and Downloading Organization and Session Files
- Downloading Data using the Export Hub
- Release Notes v2.24
- Poster Sessions
- Talk Now for Poster Sessions
- How to use Keys to translate Meeting Names and Desktop Headers
- Creating Keys to Translate Meeting Names and Desktop Navigation
- Unpublishing an App from the Android App Store
- Removing an App from the Apple Store
This article details the requirements for the setup of a people data feed, configured as 1-way from Marketo to Pathable.
Marketo does not have a direct path to attendee registration information via an API. Instead, Pathable uses Marketo's webinar functionality to import attendee registration data. Pathable uses the member data from a Marketo webinar as the attendee registration data. In this instance, a Marketo webinar is not related to a Pathable webinar. Marketo webinars cannot be mapped to Pathable agenda items.
- To begin, contact your Implementation Specialist (IS). The IS will provide a data feed form, and will require Marketo login credentials to aid in the set-up and testing of the integration.
- In Pathable, create the necessary people attributes for the corresponding data fields in Marketo.
- Configure Marketo's webinar(s) and data fields, ensure the webinar have sample attendee data in the members section. Contact your IS when you are ready to setup and test the data feed with Pathable.
- Pathable requires the following information from Marketo in order to be granted API access; please provide the following to your IS:
- clientId (e.g. 511c0000-1a00-440f-a001-XXXXXXXXXXXX)
- clientSecret (e.g. gAA0AAa8XW2MMMKuUmt9XXXXXXXXXXXX)
- restEndpoint (e.g. https://XXXX.mktorest.com/rest)
- identityEndpoint (e.g. https://XXXX.mktorest.com/identity
- Provide the IS with all folder names that directly contain any webinars and subsequent member information. Folder names must be an exact match, copy/paste is recommended to reduce errors.
- Provide the IS with all Marketo data fields that you wish to include in the data feed along with their correlating attributes you created in step 2. Data field names must be an exact match, copy/paste is recommended to reduce errors.
Note, each attendee requires a unique identifier to be imported into Pathable. This can be either a unique ID (external ID) or unique email. Having both a unique ID and email for each attendee is recommended for complete Pathable functionality.
Example of a Marketo Webinar with data fields.
Example of a Pathable-Marketo Data feed
Please confirm the API sync limit with your Marketo representative. Pathable requests data automatically once every hour until two days before the event starts. The data sync is increased to run every 20 minutes two days before the event starts. This schedule is maintained through the event, and 1 day after the event end date. If Marketo cannot support that frequency, please contact your implementation specialist as this will impact attendee registration.